David has tagged me! There is a new meme going around and this time I have to list 5 things you didn’t know about me — this is a hard one.
- My absolute favorite song is about dealing with change by the Indigo Girls. The song title is “The Wood Song” and my friends and I played it over and over on our way out of the parking lot at High School graduation – and I play it whenever I need some reminding that while:
“Sometimes I ask to sneak a closer look
Skip to the final chapter of the book
And then maybe steer us clear from some of the pain it took
To get us where we are this far yeah
But the question drowns in its futility
And even I have got to laugh at me
No one gets to miss the storm of what will be
Just holding on for the ride”
- While growing up I moved practically every 3 years – I now have this migratory instinct and it’s time for me to move (I’ve been in this house for 3+ years and it’s driving me crazy).
- Twins run in my family. My sisters are twins, I have cousins who are twins, and I have second/third cousins twice removed (or some such thing) who are twins – very scary for me!!!
- When I was a kid ( 7 or 8 ) my mother gave me and electric typewriter. I used to use that thing daily to write letters and new pages to my “novel” (a short story about how 2 kids find all kinds of weird things happen on Friday the 13th). I learned to type before I knew how to write cursive – and for hat reason my handwriting is atrocious.
- My long term dream is to retire to Italy – I have visited there 2 times so far in my life and have never been calmer – and that’s saying a lot for me! I love the easy way of life and the friendly people – now I just have to learn the language!