Found via LISWire:
For Immediate Release
Announcing the Smart Poodle Publishing
“What I Wish Everyone Knew About Librarians”
Smart Poodle Publishing knows that librarians can make a world of difference in the lives of readers everywhere from every age and at every reading level! We feel that librarians are sometimes under appreciated or misunderstood. Now is your chance to speak out by entering our contest.
This contest is sponsored by Smart Poodle Publishing, PO Box 817468, Hollywood, FL 33081.
* Contest is open only to librarians of public, private and school/university libraries in the United States and who are legal residents of the Unites States.
How to Enter/Official Rules
* No purchase necessary to win.
* Entrants must write an essay describing what they wish everyone knew about librarians. Ideas for your entry: Describe your job, and what it takes physically, mentally and financially to keep a library running. How long have you been a librarian? What kind of education did you get to prepare yourself for this job? Do you have any funny stories about events that have taken place in your library? What kind of sense of humor do librarians have? What type of programs does your library offer? Do you run the mobile library unit? Are you in charge of choosing new titles? Have you experienced budget cuts? Have you helped someone in any special way? Do you have an interesting, touching or hilarious story relating to kids? Do you think librarians are underappreciated? Why? Tell your story.
* Essays can be up to 1,500 words.
* Essays should be typed and emailed to email@example.com. Text can be copied and pasted directly into the email message area or sent as a Word document.
* All entries must include name, title, library name, address, phone number and email address.
* Please include the phone number where you’d like to be notified if you are a winner.
* Entrants must agree to allow Smart Poodle Publishing to publish their stories online or in print.
Winners will be chosen based upon content, writing style and originality.
* 1 Grand Prize winner will receive $500
* 2nd Place winner will receive $100
* 3rd Place winner will $50
* All 3 winning entries will be posted on www.smartpoodlepublishing.com and may be published elsewhere online or in print.
Entries must be received by Monday, December 1, 2008 by 5:00 pm (EST)
Winners will be notified on or before December 15th via phone call and also email.
Debbie Glade is the author of the children’s picture book/CD The Travel Adventures of Lilly P Badilly: Costa Rica. www.lillybadilly.com